Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 119: A Change Of Pace

This egret was catching more fish than I was.

When: Thursday, February 8th, from 12:30pm to 1pm
Where: John F. Kennedy Park Pond in Sayreville
What: Bass fishing
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 78 degrees, NE wind at 14mph
Barometric Pressure: 30.02in and steady
Moon: Waxing, 4 days before full
Water Conditions: Muddy

Just about four years ago, everything changed.

Circumstances made me take a hard look at myself, and after making some serious decisions, my life began to get progressively better. Not perfect.....but different.

Lately, I have been getting a little frustrated with my job and a handful of stress-inducing habits. This past weekend was a perfect example of how I can complicate things, and after draining myself physically and emotionally, I decided to start this week with a new resolve. I made a decision to put an extra hour or two into my job everyday, to make sure I'm doing what I can to help other people and to stop buying fishing lures for awhile so that I can have a wonderful wedding and an incredible honeymoon next year.

After only a few days, I feel.......different.

I was on my computer doing work at 7am this morning. After a successful, but stressful appointment in Avenel, I traveled to Sayreville to see another customer. Once again the meeting was productive, but once again, not without its share of aggravation. The morning had a left me a little anxious, but I kept on keeping on; tired....and a little hungry.

I had originally planned to fish after work, but on the way to my next appointment, I started feeling antsy. Since my lunch was in the backseat and I just happened to passing John F. Kennedy Park, I figured it might benefit me to fill my stomach with some much-needed fuel and fish for 30 minutes.

It worked.

I tossed a topwater for the required length of time, but I didn't get any bites. I did see a huge koi that I thought was going to smack my bait for a minute, but it took a pass. The egret you see above was more cooperative and let me take plenty of photos. It was probably just showing off, as it was doing much better at fishing than me. If you look closely at the photo, you can what I mean.

After food and fishing, my head was in a better place. Not a perfect place place, but a better place.

Later in the day, I sat with my manager until almost 5:45pm. Seeing as I had a few other things to take care of, there would not have been much time for fishing.

I guess that being in front of a park, starving and having a cooler full of food in the backseat of my car was someone's way of telling me that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment